“You can’t be asexual because you don’t reproduce by self-replicating” is basically the same argument as “Your nose can’t be running because it doesn’t have feet.”oh my god
this is going on my list of fave asexual posts
You’ll have to forgive me, I’ve been having a lot of… thoughts about high school I guess. Not exactly a nostalgia.
I felt like my high school years were a separate volume of my life that had been closed forever, but I think the longer I stay here the more invasive it will become in a way.
Anyway I opened the flood gates and I keep trying to figure out what’s happened to my high school OCs since I’ve… been gone I guess. In my first year of university they were all still in high school, but now that I’m about to graduate they’ve started drifting off on their own.
Zach I think is the most like me in that he is determined to close the chapter of high school. I think he would be the most likely to leave the group willingly, and I think he would even go so far as to move away with or without Julie. I think what he needs is peace and quiet and not to be found by anyone, and as a result he’s changing. He doesn’t need to subscribe to the image he’s built up for himself, he can be a new person. The person he wants to be is still invisible- he’s introduced a few brighter colours into his wardrobe and ditched his tin foil hat- but then I think the people he talks to don’t connect with him and he realizes he’s no longer focused. Now he’s drifting through university like his sister drifted through high school, but he’s no longer making an impression on anyone. I think it’s something he needs to refresh himself, but it’s also something that begins to stagnate and even fester even though he thinks everything he’s doing is different.
sigh i missed having stupid deep thoughts about the personalities of my brain children ><; maybe more will follow.
The weird thing about having OCs that you don’t draw for a long time is some of them pick up exactly where you’ve left off like an old VHS and some of them seem to move on in their own directions- sometimes many at once- when you’re gone.
I had a vision of Julie having barely graduated high school to go on after an art history degree she’s loathing. She’s the sort of person to stay up until five in the morning sewing a Piet Mondrian inspired mod dress and not being able to name him on her final exam.
star wars challenge: ten scenes [10/10]
"Good! Your hate has made you powerful. Now, fulfill your destiny and take your father’s place at my side!"
i’ve drawn all the dinosaurs I said I would do so far but i think i might paint them before i scan them thank you for your continuing patience. c:
In other news I have finished my first topic out of two for my history paper aside from the citations :DD yayyy
next up I will do a couple of sections of MLCS and then colour those dinos :D
wahwah okay okay ;w;
1. This time last week I was sitting directly behind the top scholar on dinosaurs in Canada/the entire world. He’s also the inspiration for the character of Alan Grant in the Jurassic Park novel and my professor and he’s really awesome and everyone should take his online course if they can’t take his course in person.
2. I’m not as good at morphology as I think I am
3. The colour of my bedroom is Rocky Mountain Sky
4. It’s -25 C-ish today. I’m using a glass desk in front of a window in a million year old house and trust me I can feel it.
5. All I want for christmas are thick athletic socks. I used to have a ton but they have all disappeared. All my current socks are thin lady socks and my toes are sharp and poke holes in all of them. I would also like warm gloves because I wear two pairs and my fingers still freeze.
6. That being said my favourite presents are things people make themselves for me. >W<
7. The piece of wall next to my door has all the heights of every Naruto character and Sonic the Hedgehog character ever on it as well as the heights of myself, my friends and several of my OCs from high school. I’m not really sure whether or not to cover it up or not.
8. I am apparently the one-woman fandom for my Ancient Greek textbook but people keep liking my Athenaze posts so I assume they’re in the fandom with me???
9. I actually have a lot of Christmas presents from the past that I have not opened or used yet out of some weird nonsensical fear. I don’t like accumulating things because this is what happens.
10. Actually another thing I’d really like for christmas are acrylic paints and paper to use them on i’m sorry this has just become a christmas wishlist cry cry more things I won’t use
I tag whoever reads this because I am super lazy and writing papers right now =w=
Me: I told that tree
Me: don't get all sappy on me
My sister: -backs up-
My sister: -raises her fist in a punch-
Me: -backs away-
My sister: -rushes towards me
My sister: -hugs me-
My sister: -deadpan- I'm pining for more.
also my mum made this really awesome curry poutine yesterday??? she used sweet potato fries and spinach and lentils and paneer and it was really good and i needed to share XD
I’m really hungry I should eat before working @n@;
and eventually i’ll scan them
I’m in a dinosaur drawing mood c:
if you can’t pick a favourite pick whatever comes to mind